Top 7 Landing Page Tips for More Conversions
In marketing, a lot of focus is placed on campaigns and engaging customers. As important as that is, what happens when a person clicks through a link is just as important. If your bounce rates and conversions rates are not very high, then it is time to re-evaluate your landing pages. As a top web design and digital marketing firm, we wanted to share our Top 7 Landing Page Tips for More Conversions.
No matter your industry or the size of your business, these are the best practices that should be used for both higher engagement and more conversions.
7 Landing Page Tips for More Conversions
- Use a straightforward design – One of the worst sins that can happen with a webpage is any sort of confusing design. A weird layout, difficult navigation, or hidden CTA buttons will cost you conversions and plenty of people will simply leave your site rather than waste time looking. The design should help the landing page accomplish its goal and funnel people towards that goal. Too many distractions, dropdowns, ads, or similar elements simply get in the way of your goal.
- Landing pages must be mobile-friendly – If your site isn’t mobile-friendly already, then you should at the very least make sure your landing pages are. Landing pages should be compatible with any device or screen size if you want to maximize conversions. With people using mobile devices for so much of their web browsing, it is a good bet that a decent junk of traffic will come from mobile users. Make sure not to alienate any of them because of the difficulty in navigating a non-mobile friendly site on the small screen of a phone.
- Make sure Landing Page goals and Campaign goals are the same – A good landing page has a specific purpose. The design, content, and copy will help achieve that purpose. Campaigns also have goals that are used to drive traffic to your site. Both goals need to align if you expect to convert at your maximum rate. If people land on your page expecting one thing but then get another, the chance they will bounce increases greatly.
- Include social proof – Social proof is one of the most powerful ways to create a sense of trust with potential customers. Yelp, Google My Business, product reviews, service reviews, and testimonials can all be used to strengthen the message on a landing page. Just make sure they are relatable to the goal of the page. Placement should be further down the page as they are a secondary element.
- Maximize loading speed – Load time is critical for landing pages. At this point, the bait is on the hook and the fish is tugging on the line. If your site isn’t loading quickly enough, that fish is going to swim away. Regularly analyze both the bounce rate and loading speeds of your landing pages. Often you will find higher bounce rates on the slower loading pages. Of course, loading speed is important for SEO and customer satisfaction, so regular site tune-ups are recommended for all pages.
- Take the time to test – Always test your copy. Always test your call-to-action (CTA). The importance of this cannot be stressed enough. Why put forth all that marketing effort to get people on your site only to give them a limp handshake a weak sales pitch? Instead, test your landing pages to find what resonates the best with your target audience to maximize conversions.
- Update landing pages regularly – Your site should always look and feel current. People are not going to bother connecting with a site that appears out-of-date in any way, shape, or form. Keeping copy fresh or updating images and colors can make sure everyone knows your site is up to date.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that you don’t want your marketing campaigns to go to waste. Even the best-designed campaigns can fail to bear fruit if the landing pages aren’t properly doing their job and funneling potential customers towards conversions. That is why you need to make sure your site is using our Top 7 Landing Page Tips for More Conversions.
Be sure to check back every week for great new Lounge Lizard blog articles.