Our Top Digital Marketing Tips for Business Growth
Today’s digital marketing landscape is a rocky terrain on the best of days. It doesn’t matter if you are a clothing boutique or app design company, it can be difficult to traverse a landscape that can shift suddenly and often requires marketers to adapt and adjust strategies during your journey. To be successful in this type of environment it is important to have a lot of options available which is why today we are sharing our Top Digital Marketing Tips for Business Growth to add more ideas and ammunition for your next campaign.
It takes work to build your business and brand. Often it is a combination of tactics and ideas that will help engage your audience, promote your brand, and help boost your ROI. The tips we are sharing cover a range of concepts from SEO to content marketing, all of which can add value and help your business grow.
Of course the first step when it comes to digital marketing is to actually have a plan in place. Planning helps your business chart a course for success by having clearly defined goals and steps to get there. The plan should always be subject to change and in the case of digital marketing, will change as the landscape does. From there it is a matter of finding what works best for your particular situation.
Top Digital Marketing Tips
- Know Your Funnel – A sales funnel is the buying process customers follow to reach a conversion. It is absolutely critical that you understand the steps and segmentations within the funnel before you even start forming a marketing plan. This then gives you a better idea as to how users will interact with your site and other online locations, such as social media. Combined with analytics this can truly help you craft a cohesive plan to get people from point A to Z.
- Act Like a Visitor – One of the harder things to do in marketing is to remember to put yourself in the customers shoes. For both your website and social media the approach should be to act like a user to understand their experience rather than just reviewing analytics. Even better, ask a colleague or someone unfamiliar with the site to use it while you watch over their shoulder to see how they experience things along with where any problems might occur during the conversion process.
- Incorporate Local SEO – Local SEO can be very powerful and should not be overlooked in your marketing plan. Make sure to utilize Google+ and ensure that sites such as Google My Business, business directories, Yelp, Yell.com, and the like are completely accurate for your business. Within these sites monitor reviews and feedback to make certain you are doing the best you can for positive online reactions to your business.
- Focus on Landing Pages – Each landing page offers the opportunity for a first impression with new visitors. That is why you need to make sure that each one not only loads extremely quickly but also is responsive and provides users the information they are looking for. The landing page experience is critical to your conversion rates.
- Clear CTA’s – Clear Calls-to-action (CTA’s) are a critical factor in conversions. If people don’t understand what they are supposed to do next how do you expect them to move along your sales funnel? You need clarity with each step and the CTA’s need to be obvious and easy to navigate.
- Create Fresh Content – Fresh, relevant, and informative content is an important key for business and brand growth. Quality is always preferred over quantity. Part of crafting fresh content includes trying out new formats and not just sticking to one type. For example, videos and infographics are both fantastic options for content delivery and yet many businesses have never tried to use them.
- Use Blogs for Social Media – Blogs are an invaluable tool for digital marketing as they help feed your social media presence. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are all great platforms for sharing blogs which can help increase brand recognition and traffic back to your site. While sharing others’ content is useful as well, that only serves to help increase your social presence and not your own web traffic.
- Make use of Press Releases – Press releases are a bit of an underused content format, however they are a great way to announce events and activities. For example, charity or community work that benefits your local market is something that should be announced with a release.
- Research the Competition – It is not enough to know what you are doing; you also need to know what the competition is doing. This is especially important within smaller markets where the margin for error is less. This can help you craft marketing plans that counter punch what they are doing and also can help you find holes in their plans which you can then fill.
- Test, Test, Test – This point cannot be stressed enough! Just because something worked last year doesn’t mean it is as effective this year. Similarly, just because something worked for someone else doesn’t mean it will work for you and your audience. By taking the time to audit and test what the changes you plan on making you can quickly find out if you are making things better or worse for your conversion process.
The bottom line is that there is not a “one size fits all” approach for digital marketing as each business is different and they have diverse business objects. That makes it more important than ever to have plenty of tools in your marketing toolbox to help your craft a successful plan based on your specific needs. Our top digital marketing tips for business growth are all proven techniques that can help your business get to the next level and should be considered when you review your marketing plan.
Be sure to check back every week for great new Lounge Lizard blog articles.Share Article