What are common services an SEO company will provide?
While many people understand the general concept of search engine optimization, there tends to be a bit of a gap with the knowledge of exactly what is done to achieve results. So when you hire an SEO company what types of services can you expect them to provide?
The following is a list of services that many SEO companies provide to clients:
- Consulting Review – This is a primary area of help that sounds general, but in fact is very specific. It involves analyzing the infrastructure of an existing website, reviewing existing content and link profiles, performing keyword research, looking at the conversion rate of your site and then performing an in-depth competitor analysis. In a nutshell this is looking at how you do business, how effective it currently is and then comparing it to the people you compete directly with.
- Web Design – Web design with SEO in mind is different than just making a website. Along with looking good it should utilize proper keywords in the ‘behind the scenes” to make your site more attractive which will increase traffic. The site design should also be aimed at increasing conversions of that traffic.
- SEO Audit – This is an in-depth review of your existing profile to help identify problems and potential opportunities. A good audit lays the groundwork in deciding if a marketing plan will be effective as possible because possible obstacles have been unearthed.
- SEO Strategy – There are different ways to launch an SEO marketing plan. Each plan should be mapped out in stages. The strategy aspect is important as it factors in traffic levels, competitors, level of competition and more. In a way it is like planning a battle and the better the strategy the more quickly you attain victory.
- Keyword Research – What keywords do people who want to find a company that sells or provides what you have use? What keywords do your competitors use? There are quite a few ways to determine which words are the best versus those that are good or even useless. Using the right keywords is a key to any SEO campaign.
- SEO Copywriting – Some companies will provide copy for your site that uses keywords in the form of landing pages, articles, blogs and more. The writing is done to be attractive and useful for visitors and search engine crawlers to help improve rankings and conversion rates.
- Link Building – This is where you have links coming from other high traffic sites to your site increasing your visibility and reach. Again, there are various ways to go about this depending on various factors such as the type of business and web page you have.
Some companies provide additional services such as social media linking, application design or even advanced website design but any good SEO company should provide these primary services.