Top 5 B2B Marketing Strategies You Should Be Using
Businesses spent a lot more on digital ads in 2015 compared to 2014 and we see that trend continuing. However, just throwing money at a problem does not mean you are getting the most out of it which is why we wanted to share our Top 5 B2B Marketing Strategies you should be using this year.
Strategies need to be effective, relevant and provide a solid ROI before money should be invested in them. Even when you consider the constantly evolving nature of the digital landscape, we feel that these strategies are the ones that best meet those criteria as we move into 2016.
Our Top 5 B2B Strategies
- Content Marketing – We fully expect content marketing, including targeted content marketing, to be one of the best options for the immediate future. Blogging, whitepapers, webinars and other lead producing methods will help you find new leads while increasing exposure and authority. The biggest challenge with content marketing is the production of quality, engaging content that people will find meaningful. If you can do that then it will be a good year.
- Mobile Marketing – Mobile is still growing especially in the area of research potential customers might perform before deciding to take the plunge of purchasing objects or services. Because of this smart marketers need to look at the various ways to target those mobile users such as localized partners, mobile newsfeed ads on popular platforms or geo-target impression on popular useful apps that people use on a daily basis.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is probably the most boring entry on our list. It is the tortoise of sorts in most cases; slow and steady but still manages to win the race. Combined with things like marketing automation and targeted content, email marketing has its place by nurturing those leads you obtain to help keep prospects moving along the conversion funnel. The key is not to use generic, general emails, but instead ones targeted to groups based on what will be most relevant for a group or even subgroups to add more of a personal touch. Even without the idea of lead nurturing, email marketing should be a top strategy because of the rise mobile users.
- Social CTA Buttons – Social media posts are one of the top types of content out there. Social media is a fantastic platform for posts that create awareness and more importantly it has become a place that helps generate demand for products and services which can turn directly into sales – if you remembered to include a good call-to-action. So for all of those posts on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook make sure that you have social CTA buttons!
- Marketing Automation – In our opinion marketing automation is one of the best options for producing a significant ROI. What it can do for you is to help trigger automated communications and provide alerts when prospects are ready to buy. However this is an area that might be out of the price range of some smaller businesses as good software can run north of $10,000 per year. Of course if you are using Hubspot or Pardot correctly and it is producing a 50% ROI, then that initial investment is well worth the revenue it produces.
The bottom line is if you are looking to position your company for success in 2016 you want to use the best strategies you can. We feel that our top5 B2B marketing strategies will be significant for those B2B businesses that want to get the most out of their marketing dollars.