Top 10 Essential Tech Products
What are the top tech products and gadgets that help make life easier and should be considered essential? While we often talk about the “next big thing” it is important to take advantage of tech products that have proven to be essential by making each day easier or more efficient. After all, that is the whole point of technological advances.
Here is our list of the most essential tech products:
- Chromebook Pixel – Tablets are great but some of us still need serious processing power; enter the Chromebook Pixel. This is a powerful piece of machinery with the highest pixel density screen of any laptop which is also touch-enabled. It is sleek, boots up super fast and runs with Wi-Fi and 4G.
- MacBook Air – Not be anti-Apple, we have included the MacBook Air into the list. This notebook is light, durable and powerful providing either 9 to 12 hours of use without charging, depending on the size book. Great graphics, a powerful core and plenty of speed makes this a solid choice.
- Google Chromecast – Cheap and easy yet oh so useful! This little device is the size of a thumb-drive and plugs into the HDMI port of your television. Then you can easily connect your laptop or tablet to then stream content like Netflix or YouTube videos.
- Apple iPad Mini – There are a lot of great tablets out there however the iPad Mini with Retina Display is one of the better options. It has a great combination of size and functional apps that you can use along with a great battery life, Wi-Fi hotspot option and the ability to run off LTE if needed.
- NEC MultiSync EA294WMi – This is one of the best wide-aspect ratio monitors we have ever seen. While not everyone works on a desktop anymore or plays video games on a PC, for those who do this is the tech to have. It is 29-inches wide, has outstanding picture quality and has nearly every input option possible.
- Logitech Harmony Remote – Go into any house’s living room and count the number of remote’s they have. More than likely it is at least two if not more sitting around to control the TV, video game players and other electronic devices that we all have. This “super remote” uses a web configuration utility to set up everything from your cable box to Apple TV. Then you simply put all your other remotes in a draw. The true beauty of this device is how easy it is for anyone from guests to those who struggle with tech gadgets.
- Panasonic Cordless Phones – Another great device for the home that is often overlooked. While most people have a cell phone that isn’t utilized well in a medium to large house. You either carry it with you or check it often otherwise you risk missing calls or texts. With the Panasonic base you can pair your cell phone, or phones, so that calls or texts that come in can be reflected to the cordless phones. This allows you to charge your phone and also gives you a convenient place to leave phones so that you don’t have to tear your house apart looking for them.
- Roku 3 – Cord cutting is the new thing and the Roku 3 is one of the best streaming video devices you can buy. It has support for dual-band Wi-Fi, surround sound and more than 750 content sources. The user interface is simple and the remote even has a headphone jack so you can keep watching that marathon of episodes while everyone else sleeps.
- Sonos Play:1 – These self-powered networked speakers are a relative steal from a price standpoint that can be set-up as individual or dual speakers in a room, as part of a surround-sound system, or just a great desk speaker while you work. They have incredible audio and the Play:1 is a great size to fit anywhere.
- DoorBot – Simple home security for anyone! DoorBot is a Wi-Fi enabled doorbell that allows you to see and talk to people outside using a smartphone app. This works for iOS and Android and it doesn’t even matter if you are at home. Plus you can set it to work with multiple devices.
There you have it; our top 10 essential tech products that will make your life better, even if they aren’t the newest thing on the market.