The Top 5 Things to Look for When Hiring a NYC Web Design Firm
Choosing the right web design company can be a time consuming process, but the time needs to be spent to ensure that you are hiring the right firm. The NYC web design firm you choose needs to be reputable, experienced and have the ability to deliver what you need.
With that in mind, what are the top 5 things you need to look at?
- Achievements and accolades – Every top web design firm should have a portfolio bursting with the fantastic designs that they have created along with testimonials, awards and other ways you can measure their success. Can they provide references? Are they known in the industry with a positive reputation?
- Location – Where is this company really located? Are the people working on your project here or overseas? It tends to be useful to have someone in the same time zone at the very least so communication can take place at normal hours. Just because a company has a local address or even small office doesn’t mean that who you work with is there as well.
- Smearing others – Ideally each company is going to stand on its’ accomplishment and have a good reputation. However those that don’t always measure up as well might be quick to point out potential failings of a competitor. “Oh, I wouldn’t go with them, I hear they never finish on time.” During a sales meeting you should be selling yourself, not selling out everyone else so you have to be concerned when people do that because then how might they talk about you?
- Automatic payments – One thing you see from time to time is a company that looks to charge monthly or annual fees in addition to the design of a website. Or they make sure you get locked in paying for hosting at a large rate. A reputable company won’t make you sign any long term agreement and when they are done designing your site you own it and can take it anywhere you want for hosting. They should also provide you with all the options available to help you make the best choice for your business needs.
- Free offers – If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Web design is a business. For those people who are good at it, they need to be paid accordingly for their work just like any skilled worker. People who float “free” offers obviously need to try and do whatever possible to attract more business because their work and satisfied customers are not doing a good enough job helping them attract attention. Plus you then have to worry about hidden fees and other tricks to make sure that they do get paid for their work.
It is important when looking to hire a NYC web design firm that you determine right away if they are reputable, respectful and the right company to represent you and your business.