The 10 Questions You Should Ask Before Hiring any Website Design Company
Selecting the right website design company is a critical decision for any business, no matter what the size. Your website is more than just a project that needs to be completed; it is your identity in the cyber world. You need to be able to trust them with your business and ensure that they are looking out for your best interests and not just their own bottom line.
So how can you do that?
The following 10 Questions should be asked to help assess the website design companies that you are considering working with:
- Are they reliable? – You need to determine first and foremost that you can trust these people to provide results. Your website is a valuable piece of your business. Who are some of the clients they have worked with? Can they provide detailed data to show how they provided results? Do they retain clients and have on-going relationships with them? What do those clients think of them?
- How do they price services? – Are services offered in packages for specific tasks? Are you paying hourly for results? How much time will be spent on your project each week and who will be doing the actual work? How are extra features or aspects outside of the initial project scope handled? You should have a clear understanding of what you are paying for including extras.
- What services do they provide? – You want to know more than, “We do it all.” Can they create mobile applications? Are they able to handle complex and compressive web designs? Do they have SEO experts, copywriters and the staff needed to provide the services they offer? Each company should have a detailed list of services they can provide.
- What are their qualifications? – This should start at the top and work down. Do they have experts in the field that are recognized in the industry? Have they created anything unique or groundbreaking? Are the people working on your project experienced with degrees or certifications from design and programming programs?
- How are results measured? – In a nutshell your website is a marketing tool. With the advanced analytics available a good web design company should be able to show you exactly how they have helped you such as Page One Google rankings for keywords, increased traffic figures and higher conversions.
- Is their operation professional? – Always visit a company (if possible) to get an idea of who they really are. Meeting face-to-face allows you to assess the office and level of professionalism and trustworthiness.
- Who monitors the project? – Is there a project manager or senior manager that handles each project? Are their agreements in writing that work will be done to industry standards? What happens if the website doesn’t match your business goals? How will reporting take place to ensure deadlines are being met?
- How do they communicate? – Is there an initial consultation? Are you going to talk weekly about status? Daily? How are questions handled? Communication is a critical step and is very important to the level of comfort you have with a project.
- How are projects staffed? – Do they do all the work in-house or do they hire contractors for certain aspects? Ideally a team should have an experienced project manager and will have worked together. Are the people working on your project handling other projects?
- Is the business stable? – Your business is relying on another company o provide results. Will they? A stable company will be able to see your project through and be around afterwards to help with any questions, problems, or updates. New companies or unstable ones might not be there when you need them.
Hiring any company to represent your business interests requires a certain degree of research to ensure that you are not only getting what you pay for, but are also protecting yourself. In the case of web design, you want to not only have the right creative fit, but you also need a website design company that you can depend on to provide the results you want.