Long Island Web Design Firm
5 Concepts every Long Island web design firm should use
There is a lot that goes into web design these days. Gone are the simple days of even a decade ago, replaced with advances in technology that have made so much possible on the internet. As technology has changed so has the focus of what a website can provide to a business and the consumer. So with that we want to provide 5 concepts that every Long Island web design firm should use, or honestly anyone no matter where they work.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel – While creating your own content management system might sound like a good idea, using one of the many quality open source platforms is a better one. WoodPress, Joomla, or Drupal are all good options that provide all the functionality you need and they have the added bonus of plug-ins along with continuous development.
- Don’t fall behind – Getting to the top is one challenge; staying there is another. Far too many businesses are content to rest on a high ranking or large number of followers. You need to constantly stay on top of things if you want to stay on top and that means ensuring your website is optimized and providing an as good or better experience to customers than the competitors.
- Start with SEO in mind – Websites should be designed with SEO in mind from tags and headers down to content on specific pages. You want your site to rank high on search results for multiple terms and that takes planning.
- Be an industry leader – This is more than just being recognized because you are the president of a top company. Now being an industry leader means sharing your experience and becoming the person people stop and listen to. Share your advice and knowledge on your site and other platforms to help build brand recognition and thus sales.
- Don’t target everyone – Every business should have a target audience. Rather than trying to be the wall that the target hangs on, be the target itself that your audience is looking for. Yes, the idea of massive traffic is appealing and people are often worried about, “missing customers” but in today’s world you have to focus because the internet is simply too vast. By defining a target audience and designing to appeal to them you will get a better conversion rate from your core clients.
These five concepts are important for any business, no matter the size, to apply to their website for success. For more great information make sure to contact Lounge Lizard, a Long Island web design firm that has been providing award-winning websites that help drive success for over a decade.