LA Web Design Company
Tips from an LA Web Design Company
While the internet has changed a lot over the years, and web design with it, behavior of consumers has changed even more. It can be tough for a business to stay current with the best concepts and practices to ensure that your website is doing what it should to capture the attention of your intended market. Not sure how you measure up? Take a few minutes to check out these 7 tips from an LA web design company to see if your site has the important aspects that are needed for today’s web.
- Five second rule – You have five seconds to showcase your value to a user when they click to your site. If it takes longer than that to let them know that you can meet their needs it is too late. Fun fact, the back button is the most widely used button on the browser.
- Clear messaging – This ties right into the above rule; the best sites have clear, concise messaging in the fewest words possible. Short messages that get to the point are best.
- Fresh content – Content is either king or the prince-in-waiting, depending on who you listen to. In either case, it is obviously still in the royal family so your site should have current, interesting content that shows that you are not only active but relevant and up-to-date.
- Call to action – If your site provides a service or is for ecommerce then you near clear calls to action. This means there is no guess work by a consumer; they know what you are offering.
- User experience – A great user experience is one key to design these days because people simply don’t want to think when visiting a site. Layouts should be straightforward or intuitive with no confusion.
- Their needs – Don’t be selfish; it is all about them and not you. The focus needs to be not on what your business has accomplishes, but what you can provide the visitor in terms of service, products, or information.
- Social media – It need to be incorporated to help build loyalty and your brand. Social media is one of the fastest ways to do both if you allow your audience to share your content by integrating social media into your design.
If your site isn’t up to snuff then maybe it is time to schedule an appointment with an LA web design company like Lounge Lizard Worldwide to help make sure you are up to date on what will connect your website to today’s consumers.